Links to Other Herb Groups
In 1927 Hilda Leyel founded the Society of Herbalists, which would later become the Herb Society, with the aim of supporting the practice of herbal medicine in Britain.
The Herb Society aims to:
- Provide information, knowledge and news on all aspects of herbs
- Bring together all those with an interest in herbs, from the amateur to the professional
- Provide a worldwide forum for the exchange of ideas and information
The Herb Society of Victoria is an enjoyable, non-competitive group with passionate members who love sharing their vast knowledge of all things herbal and keep on learning from the varied guest speakers at our monthly events.
The Herb Society of WA aims to promote interest in the propagation, cultivation and identification of herbs. Promoting as well, the study and evaluation of the medicinal, culinary and cosmetic properties of herbs.
The Queensland Herb Society (QHS) was formed in 1975 to bring together people interested in learning more about the growth and use of herbs.
Our members now extend throughout all areas of Queensland giving you the benefit of a wide variety of wisdom and experience. The motto of the Queensland Herb Society is “Learning by Sharing” and we do our best to stand by it!
The Herb Federation of New Zealand is dedicated to promoting the knowledge, use and delight of herbs through educational programmes, research, and sharing the experience of its members within the Federation and throughout the community.
The Federation became incorporated in February of 1986. The vision was to see all those interested in herbs linked together in one organisation.
The Victorian Salvia Study Group is a group of Salvia enthusiasts from throughout Victoria who:
- Grow and collect Salvias for the purpose of study, research and enjoyment.
- Over 300 species, Hybrids and Varieties to enjoy
- Endeavour to name salvias correctly.